Friday, August 8, 2008

Swirl Hats Make a Comback!

The mountain of recycled and discount yarn called to me yesterday. I was sitting in my chair trying to figure out what to work on, and I heard it. "Use us! We're lonely and feel unwanted!"

So, I flipped through pattern books, but didn't find anything that I liked that I had enough of any one yarn to make. I decided to venture into the terror of the dusty archives in my brain. I looked into the shelves of patterns I've created and abandoned in the bookshelves of my mind and came out with. . .

Ta-da! The Swirl Hat:

This is not the one of the ones I worked on yesterday, but one of the original Swirl Hats! (sounds like a strange band or something, doesn't it?) I'll post pics of the new ones when I get a chance to take them. I've nixed the pompom on the new ones because it just didn't speak to me. I love this pattern. I think I'm going to have to buckle down and actually type it up sometime. I'll put in on the bottom of the to-do list. That means I should get to it sometime around December . . . 2020. Man, that list is getting away from me!

No comments: