Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's Almost That Time Again

Ash Wednesday is right around the corner and this year I've thought long and hard about what to give up for Lent. Last year, I gave up going to the movies. It wasn't nearly as bad as the year I gave up chocolate, or worse, the year I gave up chocolate AND coffee.

I had a hard time figuring out what was the right thing to give up this year. Finally I decided to give up fast food. I eat way too much of it and I know that it's not good for me. Hopefully, I'll get a little healthier and maybe even lose a little weight in the process ;)

I'm also hoping that after giving it up completely for 40 days, I might eventually be able to find a little balance and not eat so much fast food in the long run. Yeah, I know I'm not good at balance and moderation, but hope springs eternal, right?

No comments: