Sunday, September 14, 2008

I think I missed the memo

When did Halloween become Whore-oween?! Why are there no good costumes or even ideas for women that don't involved being the butt of the joke or looking like a harlot?

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. For me it's always been about being creative and intelligent and funny. Now it just seems to be about dressing like a tart. I just don't know if I have the time or the energy to make costumes for us this year, but we are probably going somewhere and need them. I decided to look around online just to get ideas if nothing else. Have you seen the couples costume sets lately? Convict and whore cop, pirate and whore pirate, etc, etc, etc! Honestly, everything is made with about two yards of fabric tops even the plus size costumes. I'm just so frustrated right now. I feel like I've been kicked out of the fun because I'm not willing to dress like I have no worth above my cleavage!

Maybe I'll come up with something over the next couple days, but if I'm going to be making stuff, I know I should start now. I just don't know what to do.

No comments: