The pastel one is done with hand-painted yarn and the red and teal one was an experiment to see if what was in my head would work in the end. It did.
I only wish that was the story with the project I'm working on now. A few months ago, I noticed some tiny little bottles with corks in the jewelry aisle in the craft store and thought that I wanted to tat something around them to create a necklace. So I finally broke down and bought some the other day:I have two of these cute little guys and nothing I've tried so far is working. I can't figure out if it would be better to do something around the top or some sort of motif that kind of cradles the bottom of the bottle. I hate it when something looks so good in my head and I just can't seem to get my hands to accomplish the finished result! I guess I'll have to keep trying and make something work. Updates to come.