Friday, June 22, 2007

Luna Sweater

So looking around online at images from the new Harry Potter movie, I fell in love with this sweater that Luna Lovegood wears. When yahoo groups Harry Potter Craft group set a challenge to recreate something from the film, I chose to work on this. Well, let's just say that designing a pattern based on two or three pictures is not an easy task. It took five days to make, three spent starting and restarting, but I finally got something. The pattern still needs a little work, but given the fact that I'm at least four sizes bigger than the actress and I can never make it look perfect for me, I think it looks pretty good.


Of course, this morning I ran across another picture I hadn't seen and found out what I'd done wrong! Well, back to the drawing board. (I still like it though)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you did a beautiful job of interpreting Luna's Sweater. The whole time I watched that movie all I could think about is how I could make one. I loved the little travel jacket! Great job! I'd love to see the newer version you come up with that fixes whatever it was that you did "wrong."

Stephanie said...

I am dying to make this sweater.
Do you still have the pattern you created?