Friday, September 4, 2009

Chasing Imaginary Beads

It's a good idea to have a vague impression of the project I want to create. It's a bad idea to picture a totally finished piece in my head. I end up frustrated. I end up with a choker I can't finish because I don't have the perfect bead to put at the end of the extension chain.

I think I'm going to have to take the tatted and ribbon piece and drag my hubby to the bead store. Maybe a charm instead of a bead. . .

I also have a beautiful necklace in my head to go with the awesome Halloween dress in my head. Neither will turn out exactly how I'm picturing them. I've come to terms with that, but I'm still searching everwhere to find the perfect beads for the necklace and trim for the dress. I'm getting closer. I finally have some gorgeous cameos and settings for the necklace. Well, I have two sets of cameos and two kinds of settings. I think I'm going to use one of these cameos in one of these settings and save the other pieces for another project. The great thing is that I have extras! If the necklace turns out anywhere near as nice as it is in my head, I may have to make another and list it.

If I ever find those elusive beads, that is.

No comments: